REAL BRAZILIAN is excited to welcome back our players! While we’re eager to get everyone back to our practices and games, we understand that there are continued risks with covid-19 and will be strictly following the state’s guidelines to help prevent the spread. The safety of our customers and staff has always been our #1 priority.
Over the last few months we’ve been preparing new policies & procedures to help ensure the safety of both our customers and our staff. We have trained our staff and are asking that you, our customers, also help do your part to keep fellow customers and staff safe. Below are some of the policies and procedures that we have implemented to help prevent the spread. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Real Brazilian representatives.
Registration & Before The Practices Starts:
- Registration: REAL BRAZILIAN is highly encouraging contact-free registration and payments. All registrations can be done online 24/7 or during facility hours by phone.
- Payments: Payments should be received prior to the first game. We highly encourage players to make payments online through their REAL BRAZILIAN account.
- Contact Free Registration & Payment Guide- a Contact-Free Registration & Payment Guide is available on our website and can also be emailed to coaches/captains.
- Rosters: A full and accurate team roster must be submitted prior to the season first game. Rosters are critical for contact tracing purposes, so players not on a roster may not be allowed to play. Captains can either enter their roster through their Real Brazilian Online Account (Team Manager> Add to Roster) or can have players add themselves to the roster (see Contact-Free Registration & Payment Guide). Players can be added to the roster at any point during the season.
- Stay Home If Sick: If you are sick, have any covid-19 symptoms, or have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, please stay home. Also, participants who are from, or have travelled to, a state with high infection rates must complete a 14-day quarantine as required by the state.
- Entering The Facility: Real Brazilian is scheduling a buffer period between games to sanitize and are staggering start times to reduce the number of participants entering and exiting at the same time. We are asking that all players wait in their car until 5 minutes prior to their game time before entering the building. Please check our facility flow map online for the designated doors to use when entering.
- Be Prepared: All players should be dressed and ready to play prior to entering the building.
COVID-19 & LEAGUE PLAY
- Entering The Field/Court: Teams must wait until the field is cleared before entering the field/court and should enter through designated doorways.
- Photo Rosters/Membership Cards- Photo Rosters will be used to validate a player’s roster spot and membership status. Physical membership cards are not needed.
- Bench Area: The bench area is for players only (limited players are llowed). All players and coaches must be socially distanced and wearing masks when in the bench area.
- Equipment- We highly discourage the sharing of personal equipment (i.e. gloves, helmets, masks, shin guards, etc.). Any shared equipment (balls) should be sanitized after each use.
- Spitting: Absolutely NO SPITTING on the field or yelling in someone’s face! Players caught spitting or yelling in someone’s face will be issued a leave the field (there will be no warnings given)
- Referee Questions: If there are any issues or questions for the referee during the game, only a team captain or coach can approach the referee/official.
- No handshakes/High Fives: Please refrain from high fives, shaking hands, elbow bumps, etc.
- Remove All Personal Belongings & Trash: Please make sure you take all your personal belongings and place any trash in the trash can. Anything left behind will be disposed of.
- Exiting- We ask that all players exit the facility within 5 minutes after their game or practice so that we can sanitize the area for the next group coming in. Participants should exit through the appropriate doors or ways previously flagged.
General League Policies:
- Face Coverings: Face coverings are required at all times when not playing (including in the bench area). Players may wear face covering during games, if they choose, but they are not required.
- Social Distancing- Participants are encouraged to maintain social distance while entering/exiting and in all common areas.
- Parents and Spectators: Parents and Spectators are not allowed for any games or practices be in the field, court or benches intended for players.
- Restrooms: Restrooms will be available, but at 50% capacity
- Color vests: Real Brazilian will not distribute color vests. Participants must bring a dark and light colored shirt to their practice.
COVID-19 & LEAGUE PLAY
- Stable Group Play- To help limit the amount of contact with other participants, we have implemented Stable Group Play in most of our programming. Stable Group Play allows us to keep small groups playing together each week, which will limit exposure to different players.
- Game Length & Start Times- We have slightly reduced the length of practices and games to provide for time to clean between groups. We are also staggering start times to help reduce the amount of participants entering and exiting the facility at the same time.
- Group Size- Real Brazilian is following state guideline in regard to the amount of participants per group. We have also reduced the number of players per team in some leagues to provide more open space.
- High Risk Sports: Competition in high risk sports such as football and basketball is currently not permitted by the state. However, skill development in these sports is allowed.
Additional COVID-19 Safety Protocols:
- Increased Cleaning & Sanitizing: In addition to the thorough cleaning equipment’s overnight, we have increased our cleaning schedule throughout the day.
- Encouraging Personal Hygiene- We encourage players to practice proper personal hygiene when in the facility (clean hands regularly, cough/sneeze into a tissue or elbow, etc.).
- Ill Players: If players start to feel ill at any point, they should immediately remove themselves and exit the facility.
- Positive Test Notification: If any player tests positive for Covid-19 within 14 days of playing at Real Brazilian, we ask that they notify us as soon as possible. If informed of a positive test, Real Brazilian will follow the disclosure and contact tracing protocols of the state, county and city. Any communication required will be handled in accordance with health regulations and will ensure the confidentiality of the reporting person. Covid-19 positive players should follow the guidance of the CDC and state prior to returning and may be required to show a negative test result.
*All policies are subject to change as this fluid situation evolves and state guidelines change.